Activity 13: Together Time Activity from the book
"Twinkle Becomes a Real Tooth Fairy"
1. Sit with your special girl and read “Twinkle Becomes a Real Tooth Fairy” togetherl. This beautifully illustrated book is divided into three short chapters for a quick bedtime read of each part, or it can be read in one sitting in about 20 minutes. Even if your girl is already a reader, it’s still benefits her to hear you read aloud with her. Have fun expressing the voices of Stepella and the fairies!
3. Share each of your answers to the Together Time questions. Take turns telling each other your thoughts and enjoy the spontaneous idea exchange. Paraphrase what your girl tells you - she will feel so good to know you listened and heard her thoughts!
4. After your girl does the drawing or writing activity on the activity page, talk about it with her.
Tell her kind Glow words, as you talk about her strengths and identify skills she used in the activity.
1. Each of you brings a recording of your own favorite song without telling what it is.
2. Play the first song without any talking while it plays. All you can do is sing along or dance to it or move however it makes you feel. Clap, jump, twirl or harmonize or hum or play an instrument or a frying pan! NO WORDS ALLOWED UNTIL THE SONG IS OVER!
3. As soon as it stops, tell why you picked it for your favorite song. The other tells what she liked best about your song.
4. Next, the other person puts on her song. Again, no talking. Show only with movement or singing how it makes you feel.
5. As soon as it stops, talk about it just like in part 3. Give each other a hug to end this special time.